FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
November 1, 2023
Contact: Jaclyn Bruntfield
Coarc Opportunitees 16th Annual Gerald J. Dieffenbach Memorial Golf Tournament Raises $34,232
MELLENVILLE, NY – More than 75 golfers participated in the Coarc Opportunitees 16th Annual Gerald J. Dieffenbach Memorial Golf Tournament held at Copake Country Club on September 21, 2023. The golf tournament is Coarc’s largest annual fundraiser. This year’s event raised $34,232 to benefit Coarc’s programs and services.
Since 1965, Coarc, a family-based, not-for-profit organization, has provided services and supports to people living with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families. Coarc is the Columbia County Chapter of The Arc New York and a chapter of The Arc of the United States.
Golfers played 18 holes, enjoyed breakfast, lunch and dinner prepared by The Greens Restaurant at Copake Country Club, as well as an open bar, raffles, games, and prizes throughout the day.
This year’s golf tournament winners include:
- 1st place: Tim Cahill, Chuck Bennison, Dale Leiser, Paul Antonovich
- 2nd place: Linford Barnes, Chuck Davi, Jason Barrett, Adam Cooley,
- 3rd place: Linda Möller, Howie Gregg, Ron Legere, Wayne Shutts
- Most Honest Team: Tom McDarby, Ben Ferris, Michael Simmons
- Golden Ticket Drawing: Robert Chadwick
Coarc thanks and expresses its gratitude for the 80 tournament sponsors and raffle donors who contributed to the success of the fundraiser. This year’s sponsors include:
- Platinum Sponsor: Marshall & Sterling Insurance
- Gold Sponsor: A. Colarusso & Sons Inc.
- Silver Sponsor: USI Insurance Services LLC
- Bronze Sponsors: Eastern Managed Print Network – Xerox, Mid-Hudson Cablevision, Dendro Technologies
- Golf Cart Sponsors: Meltz Lumber Co. of Mellenville, Claverack Pump Service LLC, Derek Nolan – The Nolan Group of Merrill Lynch
- Breakfast Sponsor: Coarc Board of Directors
- Cocktail Hour Sponsor: Mario’s Home Center
- Dinner Sponsors: Burfeind & Sons Contracting LLC, Dopkins & Company, Whitbeck Benedict & Smith LLP
- Golden Ticket Sponsor: Speed’s Garage
- Tee Sign Sponsors: The Hamilton Family, Hudson Financial LLC, Clearwater Counseling, Columbia County Chamber of Commerce, Dutton Architecture PLLC, Furniture Plus, Greylock Federal Credit Union, Herrington’s, KathodeRay Media, Main Care Energy, MetzWood Insurance, Todd Farrell’s Car Care, Ginsberg’s Foods, Bond Schoeneck & King PLLC, Tip Top Furniture, ProPrinters, Copake Lake Realty Corp., Williams Lumber & Home Center, ULINE Shipping Supply
- Community Supporters: Bill Baldwin & Sons Inc., Callander’s Nursery & Landscaping Inc., Columbia County Agricultural Society, Richmor Aviation, Sequoia Financial Group, Madsen Overhead Doors Inc., Karp, Ackerman, Small & Hogan CPAs, David Beaudry PhD, Patricia Dieffenbach, David Rivenburgh Agency, Threefold Health PLLC
- Raffle Prize Sponsors: Aim 2 Please Catering, Cakes By Ashlee, Callander’s Nursery & Landscaping Inc., Catamount Mountain Resort, Chatham Flowers and Gifts, Christman’s Windham House Golf Course, Colonial Country Club, Columbia Country Club, Copake Country Club, Crandall Theatre, Cronin’s Golf Resort, Dodie Wheeler, Grazin’ Diner, Island Green Golf Club, Karen Hamilton, Kinderhook Wine & Spirits, LaBella’s Restaurant, Main Care Energy, Meadowgreens Golf Course, New York Golf Park, Rip Van Winkle Country Club, Sei Bella Salon, Stamford Golf Club, Sunny Hill Resort & Golf Course, Sycamore Country Club, The Chatham Berry Farm, The Cross Eyed Owl Gift Shop, Thunderhart Golf Course, Whitestone Café, Windham Country Club, Winding Brook Country Club
- Hole in One Prize Sponsors: MetzWood Insurance, Northway Golf Center, Village Dodge Inc.